Ever since the invention of the Internet, it has become one of the important elements of our daily lives, and it has also been an attractive channel for the publication of Web maps over the traditional paper map counterparts. In the past, almost everyone need to spend some time looking at every detail of the paper maps in order to find the specific location. Nowadays, many mapping service company such as Google include Geocoding capability, which lets users search for places simply by typing the address into the field and hitting the button. It definitely saves the time for businessmen, and now you can rarely see courier staff or drivers carrying the heavy paper maps on the streets.
If you still haven't made the transition from the traditional paper maps to Web maps, here are other advantages that will help you decide in favor of the latter one:
- Interactivity: Traditional paper maps are only static image, what you see is all you get. You will not know the details of a particular restaurant but just its name. By using Flash-based web map, pop-up info boxes can be used showing details of every location that you want to present, with images attached to enhance user navigation.
- Easy distribution: Gone were the days when the paper maps are scanned and photocopied for distribution which is a total waste of money and time. Web maps expedite the map distribution process dramatically, as those web maps can be integrated into websites easily to make them publicly viewable, or burnt into CD for instant distrbutions. Using web maps is surely a perfect way to reach your target customers without spending a fortune.
- Better road directions : While driving, online map navigation can help you with their routes and driving directions. What's more – some of these maps even incorporate a certain degree of local intelligence by listing which side streets you should take for a better driving experience or which roads need to be avoided as some construction work is going on.
- Can be updated easily : With time, traditional paper maps go out of date as it's pretty time consuming to insert changes in them. As a result, the older ones are discarded and the newer ones with the changes and additions take their place. However, unlike their traditional counterparts, the web maps can be updated easily, making them an ideal tool that you should possess.
More Website Building Software
Software for website building, create flash photo gallery, music player, videos, calendar, interactive maps, and more...
- User friendly choices : When you opt for web map navigation, you get to choose options for using them. For example, many maps let you choose the view that you need and your travel type. Depending upon your need, you can chose from a satellite image view, normal view, or a terrain view, and even get a map that helps you based on whether you are walking, going to take some public transportation or will drive the car.
- Cost-effective option : Web maps help you to include many details in the pop up boxes and even add elements like the zoom feature to make it more user friendly. The lucrative deal is that you can do all these and more without burning a hole in your pocket.
- Availability of different web map templates: Different web map templates are available for various purposes. For example, travellers can use online world maps to highlight the places they have been visited; US companies can utilize US map to show branches across the country; the possibilites are unlimited.
Considering the overwhemling advantages of using web maps, it is the time for you to start making web maps to boost your business in no time.
© Copyright 2009 WebUnion Media Ltd.